The Administrative Officer will provide administrative support to the co-located offices of the Network of Quality, Teaching and Learning (QTL net) in Pakistan and Kenya. Reporting to the Executive Officer and Vice Provost, he/she will be responsible for managing administrative duties for both offices and ensuring that the team is supported.
- Provide administrative and logistical support in organising meetings and hosting seminars, workshops, and programmes for the network
- Coordinate and arrange travel for the network staff as well as create travel itineraries which include air tickets, accommodation, and ground transportation.
- Effectively manage the work schedule/calendars for Director Teaching and Learning and the Vice Provost, ensuring regular communication to all concerned
- Schedule venues for meetings and workshops and help prepare documents and materials for attendees
- Work closely with the Executive Officer in allocation of office resources, space, equipment and supplies.
- Organise, schedule and write/maintain meeting minutes where needed for Blended and Digital Learning (BDL) and Teaching and Learning (TL) Team meetings, full team meetings, and all other recurring meetings between the QTL net leadership
- Receive and sort mail and deliveries relevant to the network, draft memos, letters, emails and other general correspondence and support in sending mass correspondence from the network’s email accounts
- Support the network in developing and maintaining the annual activities calendar
- Maintain zoom and email accounts for the network
- Support in processing payments, receipts, purchases and all other financial matters of EA
- Support in coordinating with all support departments of East Africa (EA), i.e. finance, procurement, HR, etc.
- Maintain fixed assets of team in EA
- Help update and maintain the website for the network
- Help maintain attendances and data for the network
- Complete any other duties and tasks as may be assigned to you from time to time by your supervisor
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Secretarial Qualification, Diploma or Undergraduate degree preferably in business, management, or administration
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Training in secretarial and administrative operations is preferred
- Well-developed computer user skills including database development especially in excel
- Excellent interpersonal and follow up skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Proven competence in working with Microsoft Office Software
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral English
- Attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- A good understanding of working across multiple time zones
- A high sense of integrity and confidentiality