DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key Performance Areas
- Assist the project teams to develop appropriate communication and visibility strategies and budgets for relevant projects;
- Support and guide project teams in the implementation of project-related communication and visibility activities based on best practices;
- Support project teams with timely and quality production of programme & project communication materials in compliance with visibility guidelines.
- Follow-up on project-related communication in compliance with donor requirements
- Develop effective internal communications mechanisms to ensure that news and events are known internally and publicised externally as appropriate.
- Develop project-related articles, press releases, human interest stories, audio-visual content (pictures, videos) and other information materials required in the framework of the projects in line with communication objectives and requirements;
- Contribute to updating and feeding the Fairtrade Africa communication tools such as website and social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube etc in coordination with the FTA Communications Team;
- Archive project related communication materials, including digital, such as publications, press releases and clippings, audio-visual materials, web resources etc. in the relevant project/ program repositories
- Support project teams where needed to collaborate with media
- Organizing project site visits including background materials, briefs and information kits as well as support on travel planning and administrative arrangements as required;
- Support the development and editing of the narrative reports in liaison with the DONUTS programme team.
- Coordinate project communication committee meetings to ensure effective collaboration with other project partners in communication strategy development and implementation;
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of communication and visibility actions conducted within the DONUTS programme;
- Support the organization of special events (conferences, meetings, forums, etc.) as required
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with other institutions involved in the projects. This should include regular contracts to ensure they are fully and appropriately involved in the projects.
- Any other tasks requested by the Line Manager regarding support to the DONUTS programme.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Communications, media or related field.
Experience and Knowledge
- At least 3 – 5 years of work experience in a communication position in an NGO.
- Candidate should be able to work independently with minimum supervision and guidance from supervisors.
- Demonstrated and extensive social media experience is an added advantage
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Candidates with experience using design software are an added advantage.
- Strong coordination and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work autonomously
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems and social media platforms.
Please follow and like us: