This is a generic role to be carried out within all of the ABSA Africa centralized operations processing sites, and the role holder may be required to work flexibly across a variety of different activities:
- To assess and review the Account Opening documents against the current policy rules and guidelines.
- Vet account opening documentation & change mandates against existing policies and procedures and authorize successful applications in the system.
Accountability: Delivering Operational/ Service Excellence – Time split 60%
- Ensure accurate data is authorized in the core systems to maintain high quality of work.
- Analyze account applications based on the current existing policies and procedures to arrive at appropriate decision as to approval/decline.
- Meet individual targets on assessment of all Account Opening duties; namely Maintenance of accounts, Account Opening etc. as per the set SLA.
- Ensure KYC compliance rating of 100% in rigor checks.
- Ensure daily submission of accurate data on Individual MI.
- Ensure all mandates that require screening have been screened as per KYC / Rigour checks.
- Come up with initiatives to improve on our process and customer service and/or generate revenue.
- Ensure turnaround time is observed as per SLA.
- Ensure timely escalation of issues either by providing Management information or by use of other available channels.
- Spearhead Risk and Control awareness, identification of Hotspots, promote best practices across the team on a regular basis.
Accountability: People Activities ,Teamwork – Time split 15%
- Acquire new skills or train a colleague to enable you or them work on any desk during emergencies.
- Ensure efficient time management within the team by completing and handing over the days work in time.
- Constantly seek to improve ways of working by challenging the status quo and supporting an empowering climate within the team, sharing knowledge, experience, best practice and providing constructive feedback as required.
- Manage self- leave days as per the leave plan required.
- Participate in events organized by the center and bank as a whole.
Accountability: Self – Time split 5%
- Agree actions on your developmental areas with team leader.
- Ensure PM process is done and completed within given time scales.
- Ensure all trainings are undertaken before set deadlines.
Accountability: Controls – Time split 20%
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal ABSA Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.
- Champion adherence to governance and control processes within the team.
- Ensure all the controls are adhered to in all Account opening processes.
- Ensure all compliance and operational checks are carried out when processing.
- Undertake snap checks as assigned and file findings as per stipulated SLA.
Technical skills / Competencies
- Strong personal and team organization skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills.
- Decision Making skills.
- Change management abilities including issue management and resolution.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Good problem solving abilities.
- Quality conscious.
- Excellent Keyboarding / PC skills.
- Team working.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in a Business Related Field
Knowledge of the Bank’s products, services and policies and/or other specialist knowledge required to under take the role:
- In-depth knowledge of relevant processes and procedures.
- In-depth knowledge of operational risk and rigour requirements and standards applicable to the relevant processes and procedures.
- Clear understanding of the team performance objectives – service level agreements and customer service targets.
- Sound understanding of technical systems e.g. Sybrin/ FCR/OWLS/KAMLS/BOC/SES.
- A working knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation e.g. KYC, Money Laundering, service standards, health and safety standards etc.
- Good knowledge of complaints handling procedure.
- Knowledge of team interfaces with other business areas, centers and branches.
- A broad awareness of Retail products and services.