Key Purpose Statement
To oversee the Accounts Payable department and ensure supplier payments are made within agreed payment terms and in line with company interest.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Manage Supplier Accounts
- Obtaining monthly supplier statements.
- Run creditors age analysis.
- Do creditors reconciliations.
- Creditors extended to 60 days.
- Check all Creditors reconciliations are current and up to date , no long outstanding items.
- Reconciliation sign off with suppliers.
- To maintain the GR and IR account monthly
- Analyze all outstanding items on GRIR and age analysis, No items older than 60days
- Monthly compilation of general ledger accounts for the tax pack.
- No items on GR and IR accounts for longer than 60 days.
- Monthly GL reconciliation packs as per year end requirements with timeous follow up and clearance , with no items outstanding for longer than 60 days.
- All close off and reporting deadlines to be met.
- Outstanding items on AP reconciliation not to exceed 30 days.
- Current liability file current and 100% accurate
- All monthly GL accounts reconciled with lead schedules for tax pack purposes.
- Local and foreign reconciliation maintained monthly
- Monthly VAT to GL reconciliation
- Check all creditors reconciliations are current and up to date, with no long outstanding items.
- VAT and Withholding Tax review and timely filing as per KRA deadlines.
- Timely payment of Statutory deductions.
- VAA management.
- Vendor onboarding and updates.
- Net working Capital Management.
Routine Accounting Functions
- Manage Accounts Payable
- Settled Accounts as per the payment terms
- Intercompany payments and confirmation
Internal controls and compliance
- Payments processed are approved as per the COA
- Review GL and Supplier statements Reconciliations
- Monitor NAV or SAP Compliance
- Monitor Internal Audit Findings close outs
- Ensure timely statutory filing of returns and payments e.g. installment tax, VAT, Excise tax and PAYE. Land rent and rates
- Collection and posting of payments
- Maintain suppliers filing system and document flow
- Resolve suppliers queries
- Maintenance of SOPs and work instructions
- Review of payments
SAP Month End Close
- Intercompany accounts confirmations for HFM
- Accurate creditors aged analysis
Financial Year End
- Provide supporting documents as per the auditors samples
Skills, Experience & Education
- At least 5 years working experience in Finance.
- SAP experience an advantage.
- Creditors handling background.
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions with agility.
- Ability to work independently and complete duties wit little direct supervision.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure in meeting deadlines.
- Good business acumen, team player, leadership skills and a good communicator.
- Finance acumen and skills.
- Minimum requirement: Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Accounting and Finance.
- Finance Accreditation with a Finance body ICPAK or ACCA