Icipe seeks to recruit a Support Officer I (Procurement Assistant) in the Procurement Unit. The position is tenable in Nairobi at the icipe Duduville campus. This is a two-year contract, renewable subject to continued position needs, funding for the position, and performance of the staff member. This is a nationally recruited position. A competitive compensation package will be offered to the right candidate. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Overall Purpose of the Job
- Prepare VAT exemption application forms for submission and approval by MoFA & KRA, prepare for their dispatch to Suppliers and Finance upon approval, and maintain an accurate up to date record of the same in the Procurement Unit.
- In charge of receiving, inspecting, and issuing Guest House supplies and ensuring proper certification and documentation of GRN/GIN per the Procurement Policy manual, and filing of the same together with the respective purchase orders.
- Receiving invoices for the above, records and forwards to Finance for payment in a timely manner.
- Prepare monthly mineral water consumption summary for recharge to User Units.
- Issue mineral water re-fills to all Units in a timely manner.
- Participate in the implementation of the ERP – Procurement Module.
- Provide assistance within the Unit when called upon to do so.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Receive suppliers’ invoices from the Procurement Assistant (Stores) and prepare VAT exemption application forms for submission and approval by MoFA & KRA, prepare for their dispatch to suppliers
- and Finance upon approval, and maintain an accurate up to date record of the same. Submit a monthly status report to the Procurement Manager.
- Receiving and inspecting the above referenced category of goods and issuing to the respective users immediately upon delivery by the suppliers, ensuring proper certification and documentation of
- GRN/GIN per the Procurement Policy. The information derived from all this is necessary to help take the right steps to remedy the situation at hand. Submit a monthly status report to the Procurement Manager.
- Ensure delivery notes and GRN/GIN notes are reconciled with invoices and purchase orders, processed, distributed and filed appropriately together with the respective purchase order.
- Ensure all invoices received are recorded in the relevant register and forwarded to the Creditor Accountant in a timely manner, for processing.
- Prepares mineral water consumption summary to enable recharging to User units by Finance.
- Keep a record of issues on delayed orders, partial deliveries, etc for ease of monitoring Vendor performance. Submit a monthly status report to the Procurement Manager
- Update the vendor list and the newly created Inventory list per template provided by CoreTEC, the implementer.
- Participate in ERP sessions/trainings to understand the functional requirements document for Procurement.
- Provide assistance when called upon to do so.
- Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and Supplies Management or related field.
- Computer proficiency (Email, Internet, Word, Excel, Access or other data-base management).
- Basic Computer Skills including, Microsoft Excel, Power Point, MS Office, or other data-base management Training from a recognised institution.
- Basic skills in supplier relationship management
- Good written and oral communication skills
- At least 3 years of experience in a comparable position.
- Honesty and high level of Integrity
- Ability to take initiative and responsibility
- Strong organizational skills.
- Punctuality; willing to undertake initiatives