Duties and Responsibilities
Finance and Budget Monitoring
- Reviewing and approving financial reports prepared by Donor Reporting before submission to donors.
- Requesting for a reclass of expenses erroneously charged to projects.
- Prepare monthly accrual reports and monitor monthly burn rate (use PARs and labor reports).
- Hold monthly meetings with RPMs and project teams to discuss budget performance and variances.
- Assist project teams in preparation of annual work plans and budgets.
- Developing and monitoring fiscal budgets and adjusting them in Business World (BW) as needed.
- Reviewing and approving payment requests in line with approved budget.
- Liaising with Finance Manager to ensure that all advances are properly accounted for and in a timely manner as per policy.
- Review financial reports from sub awardees and facilitate invoice payments in salesforce.
- Assist in PEPFAR Expenditure Analysis
- Conducting occasional project visits to monitor activity implementation.
- Identifying all compliance requirements of each donor and ensure teams adhere to them.
- Advising the RPM and other team members on all donor restrictions.
- Taking the lead role in seeking for approval for expenditures that need donor prior approval.
- Ensuring that project teams comply with PATH policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that all payment requests are properly supported per PATH’s requirements.
- Facilitating project external and internal audits.
- Liaise with Procurement Officer to ensure timely project procurement as per procurement plans.
- Work closely with Finance Manager to ensure VAT and other Tax exemptions/claims are processed as per donor rules and regulations.
- Processing payment requests for suppliers and subcontractors and ensuring complete support documentation.
- Working with OGC to ensure all contract and agreement documents are properly executed.
- Support the recruitment and mobilization of consultants for field assignments.
- Ensuring contract documents and procedures are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, accounting or related field. Certified Public Accountant (CPA- K) or ACCA with at least three years’ experience in financial management. MBA and experience in Budget monitoring & management, Unit 4 ERP, Salesforce will be an added advantage.
- Excellent analytical, financial management and budgeting skills.
- Ability to coordinate project work involving team members at junior and senior levels across the organization.
- In-depth knowledge of USAID and other international donor requirements as well as experience managing sub-agreements.
- Ability to learn, adopt and champion new business systems and processes.
- Extensive knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of tools, particularly Excel, Word and SharePoint, as well as the ability to learn other software tools readily and implement them successfully.
- Project management experience is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- A high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to identify business needs, gather and analyze information.
- Required Tools: PAR, Labor reports, Unit 4 Excelerator, Propbud, Salesforce,
Please follow and like us: