About the role
The Project Management Unit (PMU) Associate will be a crucial member of BFA Global’s Project Management Unit (PMU) and will oversee and coordinate project schedules, resources, tools and information. The PMU Associate will work closely with the Project Portfolio Manager to support the Project Leads and Project Managers with active projects and ensure that project objectives are met.
What you’ll do
As a PMU Associate at BFA Global, you will perform the following duties:
- Work with the Project Portfolio Manager to manage the entire project life cycle (initiate, plan, execute, close) and report on the status of the projects on an ongoing basis.
- The PMU Associate will lead the Project Management Unit’s kick-off and retrospective meetings for all projects and other project management initiatives when called upon.
- Oversee/manage the usage Project Management Unit’s systems/ tools, including:
- The time-tracking platform for consultants
- Google workspaces, including Project Google Drives, Knowledge Management platform
- Resource forecasting tool
- Knowledge management tools
- Project management systems and templates
- Support in monitoring and reporting on project progress and updating/ maintaining existing project trackers/ systems for staff utilization, project milestones, impact scorecard and budget on an ongoing basis.
- Oversee compliance with BFA Global’s project management policies and maintain a minimum service level in terms of turnaround time and overall satisfaction
- Oversee the contracting process, draft and/or review contracts for subcontractors, vendors, clients and other counterparts
- Troubleshoot issues and field queries related to project management
- Support in stakeholder management, including clients, vendors and subcontractors
- Support in business development such as writing proposals and tracking the business development pipeline
The ideal candidate for the position must have the following qualifications:
- At least five years of experience in project coordination, project management, operations management, business administration or related fields in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, management, or related field
- Proficiency with MS Excel or Google sheets
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking, attention to detail, and time-management
- Working knowledge/ skills in budgeting, accounting and planning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Creative problem-solving ability to find reasonable solutions to challenges that arise from delivering projects globally, leveraging a dispersed team
- A service-oriented mindset