- The Resettlement Coordinator supports the Mission of the Division of Global Migration and Quarantine (DGMQ) to prevent the importation of infectious diseases of public health significance into the United States and its territories. Job holder provides ongoing support and leadership, coordinates CDC efforts in supporting and tracking refugee resettlement activities in Kenya and the African region, identifies gaps within resettlement activities and brings those to the attention of relevant personnel within DGMQ and other sections within CDC.
- Builds relationships and coordinates efforts of different stakeholders in the refugee resettlement landscape.
- S/he represents DGMQ in resettlement fora building relationships and providing CDC perspectives.
- Establishes, with relevant program and partner staff, infrastructure, and systems necessary to track disease outbreaks that may interrupt resettlement.
- Coordinates programs that support capacity building for frontline resettlement staff of implementing partners. Identifies resource needs including funding sources for resettlement activities and supports other resettlement related activities as needed.
- Incumbent works under the supervision of DGMQ Program Deputy Director (FSN 11 – N89035)
- Two years’ work experience in resettlement or humanitarian related field is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Relations, Health Management, Public Administration, Leadership or Management is required
Please follow and like us: