Job Purpose and Impact
The Inventory Coordinator will work as part of our Supply Chain Team in Mombasa-Kenya, using previous experience and training to oversee the reception of Teas from both Private and Auction sales, record and manage inventory levels. In this role, you will coordinate all aspects of Tea Stocks for our local operation to ensure efficient operations.
- Work closely with transportation, corporate support functions, operations and warehouse teams to follow up on receiving Teas, shipments and tracking orders while identifying issues or concerns.
- Provide assistance to staff in resolving problems, make recommendations on process improvements and handle customer service activities for internal and external customers.
- Use electronic Tea tracking software Harvest.Net to log all items.
- Coordinate with planning team to maintain appropriate stocking levels at the warehouses.
- Develop and maintain reports, spreadsheets and inventory control programs, interpreting data and communicating results in an easy to understand way.
- Verify and reconcile Tea stocks within company guidelines.
- Raise Invoices for Storage, Handling and Shipment Services and Tea sales
- Handle complex clerical, administrative, technical or customer support issues under minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree or other qualification in Supply Chain, Accounting or Business Management.
- Experience in Accounting.
- Advanced proficiency in standard business applications (e.g. MS Office Suite), particularly Excel.
- Clear Communication Skills with Strong Time Management.